After The Rain

~To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower. Hold infinity in the palm of your hands and eternity in an hour~ William Blake


Last of the blue berries. 

I have not put up a post in some time because I have simply been attempting to be far more present. Rather than document every step of this wonderful gardening/farming journey I am just trying to take it all in and enjoy the moment.

Our young grape vine is starting to produce.

With that said we had an unexpected rain storm today. I went outside to feed the animals when I thought there was a break in the weather and got caught in the rain. It was beautiful. I just stood under the apple tree by the chickens and watched it fall until a rainbow appeared. I decided I would break my technology fast and grab my camera to document this lovely moment in time.

Lovely Liatris
The garden is in full swing. Garlic and peas recently harvested. Tomatoes poking their green bodies from the dense foliage.

After the rain.

Moments like this I really appreciate my little piece of land. 

"Here comes the sun, little darling"
We are in full swing here at Bossy Hen Homestead.

Chard

Tobias Whitaker blogs for Mother Earth News and Grit Magazine. You can also find him on Facebook at Seed To Harvest: Bossy Hen Homestead. Last, but certainly not least, you can also find his work at Tobias Alan Whitaker


 

Comments

Popular Posts