Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds (Heirloom)


I have started ordering my seed catalogs for the 2011 gardening season. The vast majority of my seed is usually purchased from The Seed Savers Exchange in Decorah, Iowa. With that said I still keep my eye out for other interesting and worthwhile seed companies and I think Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds fits that description. After seeing the success some friends of mine had with their seeds I decided to order a few of their items to strengthen my own seed stock.

Baker Creek Seeds offers over 1,300 varieties of vegetable, flowers and herbs. They have a lot of interesting Asian and European heirlooms available. They also have an absolutely beautiful seed catalog that they provide for free and what impresses me most is that they, " work extensively to supply free seeds to many of the world’s poorest countries, as well as here at home in school gardens and other educational projects. It is our goal to educate everyone about a better, safer food supply and fight gene-altered Frankenfood and the companies that support it." That quote directly from their website, www.rareseeds.com , is enough of a reason to consider supporting this young family's seed company.

This winter when you are daydreaming about digging in the garden take a peek at the Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds site and order a catalog, I think you will like what you find.

Comments

Popular Posts